Friday 30 April 2010

On my Ipod



Image from here

Music is one of the things that keeps me sane on those days when ordinarily I would feel like I am going crazy or I would be simply cranky. That is why I always make sure that my ipod is always fully charged before I leave the house. I put on my head phones, play my carefully selected music and I feel much better and am able to refocus on what matters the most. At the moment here is part of what I have:-

Hillsong - My compilation would not be complete without Hillsong. E.G - One Thing (I can never get enough of this song), Son of God, This is Our God, Hallelujah, To Know Your Name and Blessed.
Don Moen - With Creator King, Wonderful Magnificent God, Arise and We Wait.
Chris Tomlin - Mighty is the Power of the Cross, I Will Rise, How Great is Our God.
Barlow Girl - I Need you to Love Me, Never Alone.
Michel W Smith - Let it Rain, Agnus Dei, You Are Holy Prince of Peace.
Casting Crowns - Praise you in This Storm, Who Am I.
Jeremy Camp - There Will Be a Day, Give Me Jesus.
Third Day - Call My name, Born Again.
Tammy Trent - You've already Shown me, Shine.
Rebbecca St James - You are Loved, Alive.
Then I have a whole lot of other songs from Zimbabwe, some purely in my mother tongue and some a mixture with English e.g by Pastor G (he is an awesome singer), Mai Charamba, Bethany, Celebration Choir etc.

Well to be honest its quite a list so I will stop now but also on the non Christian singers I have the likes of Avril Lavigne, LeeAnn Womack, Kelly Clarkson, Pam MacBeth, Faith Hill, Martine Mccutcheon, Dolly Parton, LightHouse Family, Brad Paisley ..... I am rambling ain't I?

Have a Great weekend everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Shona,

    How about new Chris Tomlin songs like 'Sing Sing Sing', 'Let God Arise', 'God of this city', 'your grace is enough'. You will love those.

    Hillsong - I love your choice. They are awesome. Have you heard 'Stand', 'from inside out', 'fire fall down' and 'Came to my rescue'? Those are my favourites.

    I love your choice of songs. Blessings

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. LDP: Thanks, I will definitely look for some of the songs you mentioned.
    Hillsong is awesome.

    Thanks Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Songs can be the best medicine sometimes, and often bring my heart message to life.

    I'm so thankful for the creative!

    I need to listen to Agnus Dei by Michel W Smith.

    Sorry for the delay in my visit. Life has been busy, but I've been thinking of you in the meantime.

    Blessings in all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh thanks Believer, i feel blessed to know that you have been thinking of me.

    Be blessed too in all that you do.
    By the way thanks for the invite to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!

    i stumbled on your blog while looking through another. i must say this, though i know this for sure, i see it in new and amazing ways everyday. that is: there is a God. imagine me leisurely cruising through your blog, just gliding along, and getting to 'my ipod' only to find that almost every artist( actually everyone but one!) is on my list too. wow! i mean!!

    i'm mighty glad to meet you( or your blog as the case may be, loool!)

    i'll definitely check tammy trent up.

    have a lovely day!! ( yeah...i know, i exclaim a lot abi. can't help it, i'm almost always excited, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nike - That is so awesome. So that means we share the same taste in music :) Do check out Tammy Trent she has some lovely songs.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and hope to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...