I started a new job last week and I am grateful to God for the new job because I was not happy with my previous job. I am loving my new job so far, my workmates are friendly people and I already feel as if I have been with the company for a long time and yet it has only been 10 days. I particularly like one of the ladies that I share an office with because she has this positive outlook on life and she is very encouraging. She will be leaving in less than two weeks for her maternity leave and I am going to miss her. The other day we were talking about our lifetime to do lists and it turned out she is as crazy as I am because she also has a long list of things that she would like to do in her lifetime. Whilst I might have a long list of things that I would love to do in my life time, I have also managed to do quite a lot such that some of the things once on my list have been ticked off. God has been very good to me. Here are some of the things that I have managed to tick off my lifetime to do list:
1. Seen the Northen Lights
2. Experienced the midnight sun days and the polar nights.
3. Visited a friend I met online in her home country.
4. Completed my Masters.
5. Lived in more than 3 different countries at different times.
6. Been to Santa Claus Village in Finland.
7. Been to an amusement park – rode a roller coaster (was terrified I don’t think I will do it again).
8. Started writing a blog.
9. Done a counselling course.
10. Visited the Red Square in Moscow.
11. Been to the Red Light District in Amsterdam – have always wondered about the place so when I visited my friend we went there.
12. Went to the beach and ‘swam’ in the sea.
13. Went Bowling.
14. Went shooting at a shooting range.
15. Been hiking but took a cable cart down the mountain.
16. Took a cookery crash course (was just for one day).
17. Went camping.
18. Been to a casino.
19. Have won a story competition.
20. Been baptised by the total immersion in water (2011).
21. Been maid of honour at a wedding.
22. Been to a concert.
23. Watched a movie in 3D.
24. Have taken a boat ride in a canal.
25. Been employee of the month at work.
26. Bought a car.
27. Been to the Momentum conference.
28. Been treated to a birthday picnic by some friends.
29. Stayed in a historic house which on the list of houses which should not be renovated because of their historic value.
30. Been to a Hillsong Conference.
31. Have made a presentation/s in front of many people.
God willing, I hope to tick off many other things off my list. I want to get to the end of my life, look back and be satisfied that I lived a full and fulfilling life and that I did not live a life of just going through life.