Monday 26 July 2010

Cardboard Testimonies


We carried out a similar exercise like the one in the video at church the other week and I cried. Yes, I am a weeper, a big one especially when I am touched by something. People opened up and shared intimate things about their lives which one would not have known just by looking at them. Indeed there is no one like God, it is only in Him that we can find peace, healing, restoration and rest. For me the exercise was a remainder not to look at people and think that all is well  with them or that they do not have any problems or have never gone through some terrible experiences. A lot of people out there carry heavy stuff inside of them, stuff that eats them on the inside. Thank God for those who know God, have allowed Him to work in them and have made a conscious decision to make God their resting place and strong tower, but there are millions of other people out there who don't even know God (by choice or not by choice) and live burdened lives.

I have made a decision that I am going to try reach out more to others. Yes, sometimes I forget and sometimes my efforts do not bear fruit, that will not keep me from continuing because I know I will definitely make a difference in some lives. A smile, a simple hello or how are you doing? can make a world of a difference to some one. Somebody might walk away feeling much better with the knowledge that someone cares after all or that someone can end up opening up to me and I can tell them about Jesus and they might end up receiving Him into their lives hence get the peace, rest and healing that they are craving for. Frankly speaking, the possibilities are many and after all, they say it is the small things that makes a big difference.

5 comments:

  1. Wow... I love the idea. Will put it forward sometime at church. Yes o, just a smile, a simple hello can do a lot.

    Thanks for sharing.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mascara down my face!!! SO BLESSED BY THIS!!!
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good indeed!!!!! Most of us do have stories to tell from where He brought us from.
    Thank you for your comments LDP and Wylie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every cardboard testimony video I've seen has blown my mind. I can understand why you cried. Sometimes we don't fully get our testimonies until we share them with people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is such a brilliant idea..the cupboard testimonies. Its good to testify and get things off our chest and let God be glorified for what He's doing in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...