Wednesday 30 June 2010

Life through the eyes of children

I love children. Here are some of the reasons why are love them:
1. They are blessing from God.
2. They are innocent, open-minded and so receiving.
3. I love their curiosity and guts to ask or seek to understand things.
  In Mark 10: 13-16 Jesus told His disciples to let the children come to Him and even said anyone who does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it. See that's how significant the character and being of children is, even God sees and speaks of them highly.

This past month I had two experiences with children that cracked me up and made me appreciate children all over again. Well, maybe its just me but hope you will also see the humor.
On Sunday, 3 days ago exactly one week after Father's day my phone rings in the morning as I am preparing to go to church. I see my friend's number flashing and wonder if all is ok because I know that usually around that time she will be on the way to church or already there. As it turned out  she was on the way to church but my niece and nephew had been talking about me between themselves and had actually voted that I should come to see them like tomorrow as per their discussion (so sweet of them that they miss me that much) and so my friend thought it would be lovely if I could talk to each of them for a few minutes. After talking to my 6 year old nephew I was greeted by a 'Happy Father's Day aunt S', from my 4 year old niece. I thought I had heard wrong, but when she repeated it again I knew I had heard right. I could not help laughing. In the background I could hear my nephew shouting ' Aunt S is not a father, or a man she is a woman and besides Father's day was last week'. It made me laugh even more. Despite the continuous comments from my nephew my little niece would not be moved and was insistent on wishing me happy father's day and so I collected myself and accepted my fathers day wishes with love and appreciation. She was one happy little girl and she made my day.

Second story. About three weeks ago I was invited for dinner at my pastor's house. He has got four children, whom although I know have never had the chance to interact much with. M their 3 year old daughter, a gorgeous little girl who in my opinion is the most amusing of all their children, started off by watching me from a distance. With time she moved closer, kind of circling around me as if unsure or deciding something. Finally, curiosity got the best of her and she moved very close to me and began to rub my arm, briefly stopping to look at her fingers and then rub again a little harder each time. The expression on her face as she did this was priceless. 'Gotta rub it off, gotta rub it off ' she seemed to be saying. The way children think about and see things - so precious. She had been wondering why I looked darker that everyone else around and in her mind's eye I think she thought maybe I had painted myself and so she wanted to find out if that color I had painted myself  would rub off. It was only when her mum called out her name amidst bouts of uncontrollable laughter from me and other people in the room that she ran off laughing. I love children - they are a constant source of laughter and happiness usually brightening up an otherwise ordinary day.
 
Does anyone have funny stories about experiences you have had with children? Please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...