This is part of the scenery which is a stone throw away from the backyard of where I live. I took this picture this morning when I went for a walk, I could not resist because it was breath taking and refreshing. I love taking walks in scenic environments like this because I get to enjoy the beauty of nature and its always a conducive environment for me to have a heart to heart talk with God. I also get to clear my head and it has a calming effect on me.
In a week or so my life will be entering a different phase, a good one but one which I am a bit nervous about. I have found my self complaining constantly about some of the challenges and hassles I have been going through in relation to this change, being negative and not being too optimistic or having confidence in myself. Yesterday I was just like 'girl you have to stop being ungrateful, this change in your life is a good thing and a blessing but you are acting as if its not'. So this morning I went for a long walk, chatted with God and I found myself counting my blessings. Now I feel great. I am glad I took time out to clear my head. I have so much to be grateful for and here are some of the things that I am grateful for :
- I have an awesome family. Although we have gone through many rough patches over the years it seems God was refining us and now we have a lot to shout about.
- I have made a lot of special friends over the years. I could write pages and pages about my friends. Some I met at school, some at varsity, some at work, some started out as pen-pals and so on. I have been amazed time and time again how these special people have been there for me on various occasions - distance being no hindrance. With some of my friends no matter how long we have not been in touch when we do get in touch we pick up right from were we left off and its as if we have always been in touch.
- I am blessed to know God and what His Word says about me. Because of that I can hold my head up high knowing that I am more than a conqueror, that the Lord is my provider hence I shall not want (Psalm 23) and that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
- I am healthy
- I have a job that many people would love to have which God just gave to me when I least expected it.
- I do not lack of anything. I have food to eat everyday and a roof over my head.
Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for. The Lord has been more than good to me.