Thursday 16 December 2010

How about dancing in the rain?

I am a fan of Taylor Swift. What!!! Really!!!Some people have said to me in surprise. Some have said her songs are more for teenagers (I am one at heart) and some have called her cheesy because of her fairy tale looking videos and sounding lyrics, but to me she is different and refreshing (I blame it on all those romantic movies and novels I have read) and there is just something about her that I love. I have seen a number of videos of some of the live shows she has done and I was amazed how much of a natural entertainer she is. The girl is talented, no wonder why she received a number of Grammy Awards.

Being in love is such a beautiful thing. A line from one of Taylor's songs caught my attention, I really liked the picture of being in love that she painted in her song Fearless - 'I don't know why but with you I'd dance, In a storm in my best dress, Fearless'. Love is well...love. Love can make people do fearless things, things which they would not necessarily ordinarily do (my emphasis here is on the good things) to show how much they love someone. Like Miss Swift if I get the chance I would definitely not mind doing something fearless like dancing in a storm in my best dress with the one I love :) ... well as long as it is not thundering and its not a hail storm (the blame for entertaining such thoughts still goes on those romantic movies). I think it would be crazy, fun and one of those moments we would always remember and smile. Do you think that love can make people fearless and do crazy things????

I like what Proverbs 15:17 says about love 'Better is a dinner with herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it'. As for me I chose love. This Christmas I am looking forward to expressing my love to family, friends and  even strangers in various ways. Love is the answer to a lot of life's problems.
In case I do not write another post before Christmas, May you all have a love filled Christmas filled with joy and lots of laughter.

4 comments:

  1. oh, I believe... "Love can make people do fearless things, things which they would not necessarily ordinarily do"

    I can testify to this. Love is such a beautiful thing. I often say it brings you back to adolescence such that you begin to see life fearlessly, sort of careless... with trust in your maker. Oh, I love LOVE. lol

    Thanks for this come back Post Shona. YOu are a blessing.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post my dear. i also believe in the love that causes me to do fearless things but dancing in the rain in my fav dress...no way! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ LDP Thank you for the lovely comment.

    @Rachael, you are so funny. You know what you are one of those people I can imagine doing fearless things because of love and yes I am convinced you would be crazy enough to dance in the rain with your best dress on...he he he.

    With God on our side we can live a fearless life knowing that He has got our backs covered.I love God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, come back to blogging! lol
    Great New Year to you, Shona :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...